The number of members is unlimited.
All people, Italians or foreigners, residents or non-residents in the State, who share the purposes and goals of the Association can become a member of the Association, and are able to contribute in the achievement of the goals, as long as they fulfill the admission requirements.
Those who have been excluded or expelled from other professional associations for ethical reasons cannot be part of the Association.
For admission as full member or student member of the Association, the relevant form must be filled out on paper (not subject to stamp duty) and sent to the Steering Committee, including all personal information. The declaration must specify:
- wish to participate to the association;
- complete and unconditional acceptance of the Statute, Charter and Internal Regulation;
- acceptance of the activities, finalities and methods of the Association;
- not having been excluded or expelled from other professional associations for ethical reasons;
- not being subject to sentences that prejudice the development of the interpreter and/or translator;
- not being head of agencies providing translation/linguistic services.
The admission requests as student member must also be accompanied by the regular registration certificate to SLLTI in Forlì or IUSLIT in Trieste.
The admission requests as full member c must be also be accompanied:
– by the academic qualification (four-year college degree – old regulation – or specialized/Master’s degrees – new regulation – from the SLLTI in Forlì or IUSLIT in Trieste;
– an equivalent qualification and the demonstration of a proved and significant professional experience as interpreter or translator.
After graduating, the student member automatically loses the qualification of member of the category and can ask for transition as full member, sending to the Association the request and related documentation above.
Permanence in the full member category implies professional continuity and prevalence. Periodically, with the procedures established by the Internal Regulation, the social organs provide the verification of said qualification for permanence in the full member category, which, if missing, results in automatic disqualification of a member.
The application is evaluated following the opinion of the Professional Advancement Commission; the Steering Committee, who approves the outcome, communicating it to the applicant by post or e-mail.
The decision of the Steering Committee, to be motivated in case of rejection, is final.